Sunday, May 15, 2011

Daycare Center


            My final paper for English, I wrote about childcare or daycare center.  After decided that I wanted to focus on teaching career and teaching Elementary School, I figured that I will have to handle kid under the age of 12.  There is tons of research had been done about children but what about asking from someone who been experienced for so long.  My answer is the childcare or daycare center.
            The childcare or daycare center is the only place where they handle with children that from different background.  A daycare is not like a lab will they conduct research but a place where they nurture kid.  I believe that nurture a child will lead you to understand them and see the children develop their mind as they grown up.  By gaining that knowledge, I can use it toward teaching kid in the near future.
              As I walk into the Learning Tree Center to meet with Ann Gutoski the Director.  I can see that it is not easy to handle children especially a diverse.  But a kid is always a kid and one basic rule is they do enjoy the same thing.  For example, kids love to sing song like BINGO, London Bride, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and etc. singing those songs seen to calm them down and taking their mind off.  Kids like to imagination things, a good song will make they think positive and draw into their happy mood.
            Teaching children under the age of 12 is very important.  Whether the child being placed at the childcare center or at home, the early years of their life must be surrounding by good role modeling, loving and caring. What they learned will impact their future life.  With a good start from daycare and preschool, will make a teacher teaching way more easier.  . 

1 comment: